Foundations For Our Future #6
"Do We Want To?"
by: The Rev. Dr. Jon Shuler
Saturday will normally be a time to review the devotionals of the week. But today we will add one new thing. ‘We do what we want to do, not what we ought to do.’ If we want to change our behavior we do. If we want to learn a new thing, we do. If we want to grow in Christ, we will.
We have covered five basics this week:
1) Making the Lord our only refuge.
2) Letting God’s Word guide our lives.
3) Making a time and place to meet the Lord daily.
4) Learning to pray with the Scriptures.
5) Beginning to journal (note take) our daily time with the Lord.
Go back and revisit these five brief dailies, and then ask yourself this question: “Do I want to make this pattern a godly habit in my life?”
Today, read Joshua 24:14-24, and pray for the grace of God to be given to you to say “yes” to that last question.